Francis K. Akinnuoye, B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
Francis was raised in Calgary and attended and received his advanced high school diploma from Father Lacombe High School in Calgary, Alberta.
Francis graduated from the University of Calgary’s Faculty of Social Sciences with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
Francis graduated from Cardiff University’s Faculty of Law with a Bachelor of Laws Honours degree. Cardiff Law School is located in Great Britain.
Francis graduated from the University of British Columbia’s Faculty of Law’s Graduate Law Program with a Master of Laws (Common Law) degree.
Francis Akinnuoye is a Member of the Bar of both the Law Society of British Columbia and the Law Society of Alberta.
Francis articled in Vancouver, B.C. and was called to the B.C. Bar as a Barrister, Solicitor and Notary Public on December 13, 2013.
Francis was called to the Alberta Bar as a Barrister, Solicitor and Notary Public on April 14, 2014.
Francis’ preferred areas of practice are Family Law, Civil Litigation and Real Estate Law. Francis brings a unique approach to your litigation matter as he encourages the parties to settle rather than to engage in protracted litigation of their dispute. Focusing the parties on settling will save the parties costly legal fees and emotional harm to all parties involved.
Francis has appeared at all levels of Court in Alberta:
• The Provincial Court of Alberta (as Counsel)
• The Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta (as Counsel)
• The Court of Appeal of Alberta (as Counsel)
As a student, Francis accomplished the following academic achievements:
• Law School Dissertation: ‘The Decline of Traditional Marriage’
• Semi-finalist, Moot Team, Cardiff Law School
• Undergraduate Honours’ Thesis: ‘The Genocide in Rwanda’
Francis is also active in our community and currently is a member of the following bodies:
• The Law Society of Alberta
• The Law Society of British Columbia (Non-Practicing).
• The Canadian Bar Association
Francis is a former member of the following Associations:
• The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA)
• The Alberta Real Estate Association (AREA)
• The Realtors Association of Edmonton (RAE)
• The Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB)
Francis has volunteered in our community serving in the following capacities:
• Guest speaker at: BMO Bank (Edmonton), Servus Credit Union (Calgary), “Parents for Equality” (Edmonton) and “the Remarkable Man Project” (Calgary).
• Youth Mentor for the former Alberta Mentor Foundation for Youth (AMFY) now known as “Big Brothers of Alberta,” mentoring high school and middle school-aged youth in Calgary for three years
• Vice President of the University of British Columbia Graduate Law Students’ Society from 2011 to 2012 and Executive Planning Committee Member for the 2012 Graduate Law Conference held at the University of British Columbia
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Evangelical Housing Society of British Columbia
In his spare time Francis has a passion for the outdoors and the game of ice hockey.
Francis can be reached at: (587) 353-5535 or email@example.com.